The Hunter is the player character and main protagonist of Bloodborne. The origins of the Hunter are determined by the players themselves, ranging from a middle-class upbringing; a troublesome childhood; a military background or the member of a noble family among others. At some point in their life the Hunter becomes afflicted with an unspecified disease and travels to Yharnam, an ancient city known for housing an old medical remedy which is said to cure any disease.
Powers and Stats
Tier: 8-C | 5-C
Name: The Hunter (Actual name is player determined), The "Paleblood"
Gender: Can be either Male or Female
Age: Unknown (Can range from early 20s to late 50s)
Classification: Human, Hunter
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman strength, speed, reflexes, durability, and endurance, Skilled with several different melee and ranged weapons, Skilled in hand-to-hand combat, Energy attacks, Summoning, Can use a roar powerful enough to move people and deflect bullets, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Can make enemies attack each other, Teleportation, Can prevent the opponent from healing, Shapeshifting, Regeneration with the Logarius Wheel (Mid-low)
Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Can easily dodge point-blank lightning attacks)
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Can wield a cannon with one hand)
Striking Strength: Class MJ | Class XJ
Durability: Building level (Can take hits from monsters of this size) | Moon level (Can take hits from the Moon Presence)
Range: Extended melee range, Several meters with ranged weapons and spells
Standard Equipment: Can use several different melee and ranged weapons (Though the usual weapons of choice are the Saw Cleaver and the Hunter Blunderbuss), as well as several additional offensive, throwable, and restorative items
Intelligence: Above average
Weaknesses: Normal human weaknesses
- A Call Beyond: A Call Beyond is an arcane-based area of effect attack that channels magic above the caster's head, then detonates, sending small shooting stars in all directions, dealing moderate damage.
- Augur of Ebrietas: Once used a number of large tentacles burst from Hunter's hand, knocking back enemies and dealing arcane damage.
- Executioner's Gloves: Summons 3 flaming skulls that home in on nearby enemies.
- Messenger's Gift: The Messenger's Gift is a consumable item in Bloodborne. Using it turns the player into a group of Messengers bearing a note. Used for stealth and sneak attacks.
- Old Hunter Bone: A consumable item in Bloodborne that greatly increases the Hunter's speed.
- Shaman Bone Blade: The Shaman Bone Blade disorients enemies, causing them to attack one another. Hitting an enemy will make all other near by enemies start attacking it. Must be in Melee range to use the Shaman Bone Blade. An enemy that has been hit by the Shaman Bone Blade and all other nearby enemies will still be hostile towards the Hunter, so it is best to move away from the enemy you hit with the blade.
- Tiny Tonitrus: Like the Tonitrus itself, this is a Bolt-based weapon which shoots a line of lightning bolts toward enemies
- Small Resonant Bell This item will allow the player to connect with other players in order to help defeat the area boss through co-op. While in someone else's world, the player's health is reduced and Blood Echoes earned from slain enemies will be cut in half. Once the area boss has been defeated, the player will gain half the Blood Echoes normally gained through defeating the boss, as well as 1 Insight. The player will then be returned to their own world after a few seconds.
Key: Base | End of Game