SummaryClark Joseph Kent[ (born as Kal-El; 1980) is an incredibly powerful alien superhero, son of Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van, a journalist of the Daily Planet, and one of the very few survivors of the destruction of Krypton. In addition, Kal-El is the first (and last) Kryptonian of natural birth in centuries. In addition, he is the host of the Kryptonian Growth Codex.
When Kal-El's father, Jor-El, realized that Krypton was doomed, he and his wife Lara sent their son to Earth, where he would be found by Jonathan and Martha Kent. Using his powers, he defends the people of Metropolis from threats, such as the terraforming attempted by the Kryptonian war criminal General Zod, using the moniker Superman.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Likely Low 7-B
Name: Clark Joseph Kent, Kal-El, Superman, The Man of Steel, Son of El, Son of Krypton
Origins: DC Extended Universe
Age: Born in 1980 (35 in BvS)
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Strength, Speed, Durability and Stamina, Flight and Levitation, Super Senses and Telescopic, X-Ray and Heat Vision (light based according to the companion guide), with Solar Energy Absorption he can develop new abilities and grow stronger, Higher Longevity, Regeneration
Speed: Supersonic combat speed (can keep up with Nam-Ek and Faora, caught a bullet in his hand from only a few meters away from Batman's advanced gun). Massively Hypersonic+ flight speed (traveled from America to the Indian Ocean in a matter of minutes, barely outflew the wormhole to the Phantom Zone that swallowed up Zod's ship)
Lifting Strength: At least Class M (Held back a command tower from breaking long enough for the workers there to escape before he learned how to fly, later towed a cruise ship to safety through the Arctic.)
Striking Strength: Likely Class PJ
Durability: Likely Small City level (Barely survived a nuclear explosion. Likely at least 1.2 Megaton, given that this is the most powerful bomb that the US military has access to on short notice.)
Stamina: High (Kept going in his fights against Faora, Nam-Ek, and Zod despite being winded multiple times.)
Range: Melee, several dozens of meters with heat vision.
Standard Equipment: His Superman suit, Codex, Glasses
Intelligence: Above average, can learn new skills like flying pretty quickly and capable of hand-to-hand combat (though not to the level of Zod).
Weaknesses: He becomes vulnerable when being exposed either to red suns or environments with an atmosphere comparable to his home worlds', due both to negating his solar enhancements and his lack of physical adaptation to such circumstances. The radioactive mineral Kryptonite damages his cells and is capable of cutting him with direct application, dramatically reducing his abilities and potentially killing him.
- Kryptonian Physiology: As a Kryptonian, Superman's skeletal and biological structure is almost identical to that of a human. On a planet near a red class M main-sequence star, Superman would have physical attributes nearly identical to those of humans, but if on a planet near a yellow G-type main-sequence star, he has many new abilities and powers, all of them far beyond the capabilities of humans, and even most metahumans, making Superman appear godlike. Batman once even stated that these powers make Superman capable of single-handedly wiping out the entire human race. Hence, Superman often withholds his power unless absolutely necessary, due to the incredible destruction it can potentially cause.
- Super Breath: Superman, is capable of surviving without the need to breathe, allowing him to walk through a burning oil rig, travel at tremendous supersonic speeds, remain underwater, and even in the vacuum of outer space, all for lengthy periods of time without suffocation.
- Super Vision: Superman has superhuman eyesight far beyond that of humans. He possesses a superior sensory arrangement of telescopic, microscopic, infrared, ultraviolet, x-ray, and gamma ray visual capabilities. He can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum when he desires.
- Telescopic Vision: Clark has the ability to see something at a great distance with perfect clarity.
- Heat Vision: Superman has the ability to fire thick beams of intense heat at a target from his eyes by looking at it.
- Super Hearing: Superman has incredible hearing at extreme variances of sound and pitch frequency, allowing him to pick up numerous sounds (including both infrasound and ultrasound) and noises from immense distances. In his youth, this overwhelmed him, but he eventually learned to control it. After honing his senses, he has shown enough control to block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency.
- Longevity: Superman, as a Kryptonian, has his lifespan far greater than that of a human. With enough solar energy in his body, his lifespan is greatly expanded, showing no sighs of aging past his prime. As such, Superman is seemingly ageless, which combined with his lack of needing nourishment and immunity to all earthly diseases makes him practically immortal.