Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV is the protagonist of the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha series.
Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV is a young student of the Yumizuki High School who was trained in the Kuzunoha village in the art of the Devil Summoner. Once he was ready, he undertook the trials at the nameless shrine in the heart of the Shinoda mountains and became the fourteenth Raidou Kuzunoha. He was assigned a partner by the Herald of Yatagarasu named Gouto, a sarcastic talking cat who was to guide Raidou in the ways of a Devil Summoner, and was sent to work part-time at the Narumi Detective Agency as a cover for his true task.
As the newest Raidou Kuzunoha, it is his duty to protect the Capital from the demons of the Dark Realm, and ensure that the supernatural world is kept in check. His abilities with a katana are without equal amongst summoners, and his skill with a pistol is unmatched, but Raidou's true power comes from the demons tucked away in confinement tubes beneath his cape.
Raidou has appeared in various SMT titles, such as Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, replacing Dante from the Devil May Cry series in the Chronicle edition of the game, as the character who hunts down the Demi-Fiend throught the Labyrinth of Amala(who later joins him in battle). He and Raido(His alternative universe counterpart) appear as the Ultimate Bosses in Soul Hackers.
Powers and Stats
Tier: Low 1-C
Name: Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV, Jouhei
Origin: Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha series
Age: Late Teens
Classification: Human, Devil Summoner, High school Student, Detective, Kuzunoha Clan
Powers and Abilities: Sword, Axe and Lance master, expert Marksman,Super strength, speed, durability, agility, endurance, magic, automatic healing, automatic magic recovery, can nullify attacks depending on which sword he has equipped,can scan and discover the strengths and weaknesses of others,can tame and summon monsters to fight by his side(Lucifer amongst them),Dimensional travel, time travel, Elemental Manipulation,can bypass durability, can boost his own luck via Luck Locusts, able to drain MAG from opponents,various investigation skills wandering from shape-shifting to flying.
Attack Potency: Low Complex Multiverse level (Defeated a serious, full power Lucifer, Killed and tamed Soulless God Oumagatsu, Killed Shinado, Stood against the Demi-fiend , Possibly fought Kagutsuchi)
Speed: At least superhuman movement speed, Massively FTL+ attack speed and reactions, can tag beings such as Metatron/Sandalphon
Lifting Strength: Immeasurable
Striking Strength: Immeasurable (Ignores durability via Raidou The Aeon)
Durability: High Multiverse level+ to Low Complex Multiverse Level (Able to keep his body in the Akarana Corridor.)
Stamina: Possibly limitless
Range: Katana/Sword/Lance+ melee range, much higher with spells
Standard Equipment: His various swords, a pistol capable of using limitless magic imbued bullets, his summoning tubes.
- Youmetsutou (Apollyon Killer, nulifies healing factor)
- Tsukigata's Insect Cages/Luck Locusts: Can be used to increase Raidou's Luck, the effects are random, they wander from absorbing more Magnetite from opponents to doubling the damage Raidou does.
- The Greath Kohryu: He carries Raidou wherever he wishes to go in the Capital through the air, allowing Raidou to travel in a fast way around the different sections of it.
- Large Tarrasque:Raidou is able to ride the Tarrasque through water.
Intelligence: Pretty high (he is able to solve complex detective cases with ease)
Weaknesses: Somewhat gullible (mostly to his boss, Narumi)
- Devil Summoning: Can summon demons to fight at his side. In-game, he can summon up to 2 demons at the same time, but is hinted to be able to summon up to 8 at once.
- Raidou the Aeon: Multiplies all damage dealt by user by 1.5 and all physical/phys-almighty attacks bypass target's most resistances except for repel
- Spirit Cast-Away Spell: Can send people/spirits to a dimensional space-time rift (Akarana Corridor)
- Investigation Skills:
- Use Force: Raidou makes one of his demons to use brute strenght to crush a boulder/target
- Ignite: Makes People talk, sets objects in fire, protects Raidou from low temperatures.
- Cool Down:Calms people down, freezes water, protects Raidou from high temperatures
- Inspect: Uncovers Hidden Objects
- Read Mind: Reads People's Mind
- Transform: Can shape-shift as long as he has some kind of DNA (eg. Hair, Blood)
- Kamikaze: Can fly using wind currents
- Light Up: Can Illuminate areas with light.